River Glen Medical Centre, Oakville, ON
|Posted on March 20, 2020 at 10:35 PM||comments (1)|
While we are committed to support and serve our patients, we also take the risk of COVID-19 seriously with all proactive measures to limit the spread of the virus and keep our patients, staff and the overall community safe, which is our top priority goal.
Given the extraordinary circumstances of the global pandemic and provincial state of emergency, River Glen Medical Centre has implemented few steps based on the current recommended guidance:
1) Reduce medical appointments for non-essential and elective screening services at this time to promote social distancing.
2) Limit clinic working hours to 9 am -1 pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 12 pm - 4 pm Wednesday during this time period till further notice. Also, on call after hours period 5 pm - 8 pm on Wednesdays is still available by phone only.
3) Patients will only be encountered at the office with appointments to avoid any contact at the waiting area.
4) Minimizing face-to-face encounters and implementing virtual phone meeting instead whenever possible. So, call the office during these working hours to have a virtual assessment by phone call.
5) Prescription refill for ongoing and chronic stable medical conditions will be arranged through our office and your pharmacy. Please, do not hesitate to call our office for any concern before filling your prescription.
6) If you are returning from abroad, please self-quarantine for 2 weeks as recommended.
7) Please call our office for virtual phone assessment and guide if you have fever, cough, chest wheezes or body ache. Please note that the clinic does not offer COVID-19 test or referral for testing.
These measures will be implemented till further notice. Thank you for your understanding and your continued support.